GP Strategies is a training consulting company and this work would be supporting our client Microsoft (specifically within the SMSGR group). GP Strategies has partnered with Microsoft for several years and we are looking to add another ID to our team. This is a remote position, however, we are looking for someone that can be onsite at Microsoft for client meetings, when needed. We are most interested in candidates that are open to starting out in a temporary role (full-time, 40 hours per week) with the possibility of turning permanent (if that interests you). Since there is quite a bit of work, we will also consider candidates that are seeking permanent positions only.
If you can answer a few questions for me, that would really be helpful:
1. Are you able to meet with the client onsite when needed? These meetings would be centered around training needs analysis, etc. All other actual work can be done remotely.
2. Are you interested in temporary or permanent work or open to either?
3. What are you seeking in terms of an hourly rate?
4. When would you be available to start?
Please include a copy of your resume as well when responding.
GP has an immediate need for an Instructional Designer.
· Design and script large, complex interactive Web-based projects (including test, narration, sound effects and graphics/animations) for national clients in a creative, team-oriented environment
· Collaborate to develop project goals, training objectives and measurements by analyzing needs and proposing multiple solutions
· Network and partner with internal and external stakeholders to provide strategic instructional direction
· Design the user's navigation path(s) within the training experience
· Partner with graphics, Web developers, and courseware developers to develop program elements and requirement
· Collaborate and define the creative treatment and content scope of the project
· Draft a complete design document to include: Audience and learning environment analysis, Instructional goals and strategy, Content outline, User navigation, Screen/page template designs, Storyboard/script development with text, voice, sound, and graphics descriptions and instructions to production team, Prototype development, Measuring results
· Use rapid development content tools (Captivate, Articulate, Lectora etc.) to create online courseware
· Create adjunct online deliverables including product data sheets, comparison charts, e-mail blasts, course descriptions and web site copy
· Create face to face training materials
· Create print deliverables
· Direct personal development by actively identifying new areas for one’s own personal learning.
· Regularly attend learning opportunities and apply newly gained knowledge and skills on the job
· Mentor and coach associate instructional designers
· Bachelors degree in information design, instructional development or related fields and/or at least two to three years experience (can be a combination of education and experience)
· Instructional design background including strong knowledge of adult learning theory, learning styles, learner needs, delivery of Web-based content and diverse, multicultural backgrounds
· Ability to incorporate the most effective, leading-edge instructional approaches in a cost
· Experience working with engineering and developers a plus
· Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously under aggressive deadlines (project management and time management skills)
· Experience with financial institution training a plus
· Experience developing virtual instructor-led training
· Experience developing instructor led training
· Experience with WBT (web based training)
Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
GP Strategies is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.