Position Title: Senior Instructional Designer
Client: 78th on the Fortune 100 list of largest corporations in the U.S. based on 2014 revenue.
As of December 31, 2014, the company had $124.3 billion in consolidated assets, $104.0 billion in consolidated liabilities, and $39.6 billion in annual consolidated revenue.
Client employs more than 50,000 people in approximately 900 offices throughout the world, and we offer a wide range of insurance products and services, including personal automobile, homeowners, accident & health, commercial automobile, general liability, property, surety, workers compensation, group disability, group life, specialty lines, reinsurance, individual life and annuity products.
Work Location: Onsite work - Fourth Ave., Seattle, WA)
Contract only – W2
Start: September 1st or so
This position works with a training manager to review needs assessment information to determine training goals as well as reviews and updates existing training programs using content provided by subject matter experts. The Instructional Designer uses template oriented e-Learning software applications to update or develop online courses and creates program evaluations and tests based on course objectives.
· Assists in conducting in-depth job-task analysis and/or needs assessment to identify learning objectives, and to determine training solutions and other performance enhancement solutions (e.g. management reinforcement, rewards, role clarity, job aids, etc.)
· Consults with managers and reviews needs assessment and/or job-task analysis information to determine focus of training content, and to ensure training is focused on increasing the capability of employees to perform in their job
· Applies knowledge of instructional design theory to design course content, working with subject matter experts, management, trainers, etc.; at this level, design efforts are targeted on individual modules within larger programs or are standalone products focused on a narrow topic
· Applies knowledge of adult learning theory to identify appropriate training media and methodologies based on audience learning styles, course content, audience location, point within the learning process, etc.; training methodologies may include group lecture, role play, simulation exercises, self-study, on-the-job training, computer-based training, etc.
· Researches, selects, and modifies existing training curriculum, content, materials, job aids, etc. to meet learning needs
· Reviews program evaluations, test results, and participant and manager feedback on training effectiveness to make recommendations for program improvement
· Creates program evaluations and tools to measure program effectiveness, to assist in determining whether desired learning and performance outcomes are achieved
· Identifies needs for outside resources, and sources vendors, as appropriate
· Handles vendor management, to include coordination of resources and ensuring quality of product and service levels delivered
· Must have completed formal courses in learning design and adult learning theory, and reflect clear ability to translate that knowledge into developing quality training solutions
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Solid project management skills
· Knowledge of common e-Learning software applications required, including creating new modules
Experience / Education
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required, in addition to 3 to 5 years of experience in delivering training or supporting the development of training materials